- Tour Plan
- Additional Info
- Similar Tours
- A guided tour of important places
- Accommodation in single twin share room
- All meals included
- Current Hotel Taxes and Service Charges
- Drinks & Meal on Tour
- Transport to & from hotel
- Departure Taxes or Visa handling fees
- Tips to guide and driver
- Visa arrangements
India has an increasing tourism footprint and you would not be surprised to know that the highest density of these footprints are located in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. If you mark the shortest distance between these three destinations, you would end up with an imaginary triangle drawn at the heart of the country. Thus, it is named as Golden Triangle.
It is one of the beaten and well-explored trails of the modern India. The Golden Triangle itinerary covers Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The tour covers eminent Indian architectural beauty, Rajasthan sights and natural beauties.
From Delhi, this marble epic center is just a few hundred km away. You can easily reach the destination within a few hours. If you choose road transportation, you would be in Agra in just four hours and if you were choosing the train, you would be spending just two hours.
Once you enter Agra, you would understand that the land has stuck in some Mughal Narnia situation with resounding structures, mausoleum and of course, the Taj Mahal.
The crown jewel of all Indian architecture is Taj Mahal, a refined marble mausoleum, famous for its carvings, structural beauty and use of semi-precious stones in construction. No part of the minaret-filled structure would leave you empty.
May it be the museum where you can find coins, ancient wares, paintings and so, or, the geometric garden famous for strolling; Taj Mahal is always as unique as a snowflake.
After Agra, the tour will take you towards the western end of the country, the desert region. Jaipur is specifically added to the list to display all the forms of landform in the country. Especially, Mother India is quite proud of her Thar Desert.
Living the Life
The Delhi, Agra and Jaipur region lies at the geographic heart of North India. It is strategically located along the north-south and east-west routes. This golden triangle is a focal position in Indian history and many great empires have been ruled from here. This landlocked region is enclosed by the Himalaya Mountains to the north, the desert and the forested Aravallis to the west. To the east are agriculturally rich riverine plains, with vast fields of sugarcane, wheat, mustard and lentils.
The British built New Delhi, between 1911 and 1913, to be the showcase of the Empire. On independence, this grand imperial capital became the official and bureaucratic center of the new Indian nation. Today, Viceroy’s House is the president’s residence, and ministers and civil servants live nearby in spacious bungalows along the tree-lined avenues. Kingsway, the east-west processional avenue leading to India Gate, is now Rajpath, where every 26th of January the Republic Day Parade is held. The National Museum is on Janpath
Golden Triangle Feasting
1. These three destinations are picked for providing the best cultural experience. Every destination in the circuit is a heritage rich land, filled with festival, unique traditions and other elements. If you are looking for a window to enjoy the lifestyle of India, this trip is the epic one.
2. Are you travelling alone? Golden Triangle suits you the best. All the three destinations are iconic tourist attractions with no off-beaten route. Thus, you will always be surrounded by numerous tourists, no matter when you visit.
3. What gives more beauty to the land than its link with its history? Well, these three destinations are picked for its historic legacy, which led to the building of numerous elegant structures. With this circuit, your introduction to the heritage of the land is inevitable.
4. Are you looking for a luxurious tour? Delhi, Agra and Jaipur are chosen for its amenities from boutique hotels to air-conditioned cabs to travel and so on. All the destinations in the circuit are filled with top-notch hotel chains and if you are looking for a tad-more luxury, try the luxury trains of India, which have itineraries that specially cover the Golden Triangle route.
Top luxury train packages for Golden Triangle tour are:
Gems of India of Maharajas’ Express
Treasures of India of Maharajas’ Express
5. Connectivity between the cities are at prime. All the three destinations are just 200 or so km away. With super-fast trains, six-lane highway and air connectivity, you would not be spending most of your energy or time with travel.
6. These might look like three random destinations. However, they are three destinations with unique culture, variant architectural style, unique cuisine and thus, giving you three styles of vacation in just one trip.
7. No two attractions will be quite the same and thus, you would never get bored. Although the tour is entirely focused on sightseeing, the variations in the beauty make Golden Triangle, the trip for all age groups.
8. Delhi, Agra and Jaipur were ruled by different rulers at different times. Thus, you get to learn about the colorful past of different dynasties of the land, given a more detailed view about the culture of the land.
9. Try the cuisine of Jaipur for a rich mealtime with meat, spicy curries and traditional milk sweets. The cuisine of Agra is focused on sweets.
Delhi’s Mughal dishes and the taste bud tingling street food dishes make the entire tour worthy of a foodie’s time. Read our blog Best crunchy and spicy fast food in Delhi to tease your taste buds a little. For tasting the foods of Delhi, choose our exclusive tour packages like:
Delhi food Tour
Cook and Eat – with a local family
There is no collection of phrases and list of flowery adjective to explain the beauty of the circuit. What cannot be done with words is best described with vision. It is time to book your choice of tour package and explore the land like the royals.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Delhi : Hotel Taksh Inn or similar
*Agra :*Rudra villas / Idea inn or similar
Jaipur: Royal View / Surya Garh or Similar
More about Agra
More about Delhi
More about Golden Triangle
More about Jaipur
More about this tour
Golden Triangle (India) is located in IndiaDelhiDelhiAgraAgraJaipurJaipur
India's golden triangle is a tourist circuit which connects the national capital Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. The Golden Triangle is so called because of the triangular shape formed by the locations of New Delhi, Agra and Rajasthan on a map. The trips usually start in Delhi moving south to the site of Taj Mahal at Agra, then west, to the desert landscapes of Rajasthan. It is normally possible to do the trip by coach or private journey through most tour operators. The Golden Triangle is now a well traveled route providing a good spectrum of the country's different landscapes. The circuit is about 720 km by road. Each leg is about 4 to 6 hours of drive. The Shatabdi express train also connects Delhi with Agra and Jaipur.